blazermania.com
     
 
HomeColumnsBlogForumLinksCalendar
   

Monday, July 18, 2005

Bandwagoners.

I said I would write something on this awhile ago, so here goes.

What is a bandwagoner?

bandwagon
n 1: a popular trend that attracts growing support; "when they saw how things were going everybody jumped on the bandwagon

So, a bandwagoner is someone who jumps on a winning(est) teams in sports. Think Laker fans, who are now not so many as they were two years ago.

I do not understand bandwagoning. I think you should pick one team and stick with it. Now, don't get me wrong, I think it is okay to root for another in say, the playoffs, once your team is out of them. I will generally root for the Pacers since they are;

A. Where Jermaine is playing.
B. In the east.
C. Reggie Miller was playing there, too.

I often hear tales, either directly or from other parties about bandwagon fans who will show at championship parties without any real 'choice' on who they want to win, but then the next week been seen wearing the winning teams jersey and telling people how they had known that was going to take it all.

Why waste your money on jerseys of a team you are just cheering for because they are 'winning'. How does this make you a 'winner'? When that teams starts losing, you're just going to stash it in the closet and buy your new 'team's' jersey.

Do any of you understand it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home